Because when you put it on it’s an invitation – made from Virgin Peruvian hair, this beautiful low luster loose wave just gets better with wear. The Freakum Wave, quite similarly to the “freakum dress” referenced in Beyonce’s song will add an unashamed sultriness to your look. This is another custom made steam-processed wave texture you will only find at Dream Tresses. These waves will blend best with hair that has some texture to it as it is a low-luster (once co-washed) – Afro-relaxed and mixed-race natural hair will blend well with Freakum waves. Our CEO Aaisha wears 1 x 20″, 22″ and 24″ wefts with a 16″ top closure that features 3-parts and ready bleached knots. Closures are 4″ x 4″ in size and have medium-brown lace colour. Silk-base closures are available upon request.
Like most of our Dream Tresses hair, this has not been dyed and the colour of hair you will receive will be either natural black (1b) or natural brown (2) straight from the donor. If you find a few grey hairs in your bundle this is normal and not a defect as the hair comes from a another human being.
Processing time is 10 working days from order date. Shipping by next day special delivery in the UK once item has been produced and gone through our rigorous quality checks. If you live outside the UK, please select your region in the checkout for postage prices. We ship Worldwide.
Processed virgin hair needs regular maintenance to keep it looking fresh. Here are some tips for you to take care of your beautiful Dream Tresses:
- We advise you to use as little product as possible so as not to weigh the hair down and restrict its natural “flow”. A little hairspray during styling is fine.
- We advise you to use a heat-protectant when heat-styling this hair to unnecessary void split ends and damage
- We advise brushing the hair when wet from the bottom up in small sections. Brushing the hair when dry will make it get bigger and bushy as it is low luster. You may use curl mousse to tame and allow to dry naturally without scrunching or agitating.
- Sleep with your hair wrapped up or in a twist with a satin/silky scarf at night to avoid any tangling.
- Use minimal hair products on this hair. The waves do not need to be scrunched with mousse or a diffuser to keep them as they are permanent.
- You may straighten this hair and the waves will come back once washed. However, repeated straightening will cause heat damage and make the curls looser each time so do try to avoid heat straightening. Use a heat-protectant to minimise damage
- Co-wash/mild-shampoo and deep condition the hair at least once a week.
- We advise that you seal your wefts with a weft sealant (type of adhesive) to prolong the life of your hair as reduce any inevitable shedding. Dream Tresses’ own weft-sealer is currently in development and coming soon.
- We not not advise straightening or curling this hair with a heat of higher than 230°C/446°F
- We advise that your hair is custom coloured by a professional hair-stylist/technician.